COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR AWG MEMBERS
As we continue to learn more about the spread of COVID-19 and its impact on everyday life, we recognise that members are concerned about their long and short-term work, health, and financial security.
We’ve compiled the following resources to help you find the most relevant information. We will continue to update this list as more is made available.
AWG Industrial Services
While COVID-19 presents unique challenges to our industry, this doesn’t change the fact that all writers should continue to receive fair remuneration for their work.
AWG members can access our full range of industrial resources, including rates and contracts, via the membership portal on our website, and our Industrial team continue to work normal hours remotely to offer industrial advice. Industrial can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest AWG updates:
For information on health and COVID-19:
For mental health and wellbeing resources:
- Head to Health have a directory of websites and resources available to all Australians with mental health concerns or looking to manage anxiety around COVID-19.
- Beyond Blue have posted a guide to looking after your mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mindspot have a dedicated page with resources.
For screen and stage industry updates:
- Minister for Communications, Cyber Safety and the Arts Paul Fletcher has released a statement addressing the impact of COVID-19 on our cultural and creative industries (16 March 2020).
- Live Performance Australia are calling on state and federal cultural ministers to step up and provide support for the industry, including an $850m live performance support and stimulus package.
- Australia Council are regularly updating their website with information and useful resources for the Arts community.
- Screen Australia have released the following statement on their current operations and funding (18 March 2020).
- Screenwest have launched a WA Screen Industry COVID-19 discussion group and impact survey (18 March 2020).
- Screen Queensland have launched a QLD Screen Industry COVID-19 survey (25 March 2020).
- MEAA have posted a resource page, including information on rights at work.
- Screen Producers Australia have launched a screen industry survey to better understand the impact of COVID-19 on the industry.
- Head to your state/territory funding agency website for their latest alerts and guidelines.
For information on finances:
- The Australian Government Treasury have posted a guide to their Economic Response to the Coronavirus, including the two stimulus packages.
- The Australian Tax Office have information tailored for individuals and businesses experiencing difficulties with tax obligations relating to COVID-19.
- Media Super have posted an update on the impact of Coronavirus on superannuation.
- For information on COVID-19 and travel, head to Smart Traveller. As of 25 March 2020, the Australian Government has placed a ban on international travel. For those already overseas and wishing to return to Australia, it is recommended that you do so as soon as possible.
- Student Members are advised to check in with their places of learning and follow their recommended practices regarding class attendance, study and assessments.