This is a member's only event. All ticketholders must have a valid membership. Please log in above.
Want to learn more about the ins and outs of LA how the US showrunner model might work in Australia and what it's like navigating Hollywood as an Australian screenwriter?Join us next week as Shelley Birse Kristen Dunphy Chris Lee Michael Miller and Sue Smith discuss their recent LA experience as part of the Talent LA initiative where they heard from leading US screen industry practitioners including Meg LeFauve Sheila Hanahan Taylor Joan Scheckel and Judith Weston and participated in a series of professional development and creative masterclasses.
- Shelley Birse – co-creator/writer of Love Is a Four Letter Word Shelley has a long history in TV including SatisfactionRush and Wildside. Shelley is best known as the creator and producer of multi- award winning series The Code.
- Kristen Dunphy – Kristen has 25 years of experience writing television drama and has received three Australian Writers' Guild Awards - for East West 101 The Straits and White Collar Blue. In 2015 she co-created and co-wrote The Principal and is currently creating her own eight-part drama series.
- Chris Lee – having held several senior roles on TV series Police RescueBig SkyLove My Way and The Secret Life of Us Lee has most recently written ratings hit mini-series Paper Giants: The Birth of Cleo and Howzat! Kerry Packer’s War.
- Michael Miller – co-creator of the ABC series Pulse Michael also wrote critical and audience favourites Cleverman (series one) and Peter Allen – Not The Boy Next Door.
- Sue Smith – with over 30 years in the industry Sue’s work includes feature Peaches co-writer for Saving Mr Banks and television series including MaboTemptation and Brides of Christ.
In June 2017 a group of AWG screenwriters participated in Talent LA with the support of the AWG Scripted Ink. and Screen Australia’s Enterprise program. Talent LA was held at Charlie’s and the Creative Collective the Australians in Film space at Raleigh Studios in West Hollywood.