2017 INSITE AWARD
The winner, shortlist and longlist for the 2017 INSITE Award have now been announced. Read the full announcement here.
The Australian Writers’ Guild and Adelaide Film Festival are pleased to announce the launch of the 2017 INSITE Award, the prestigious Australian screenwriting development initiative.
Established to unearth unproduced feature film screenwriting talent, the Award is presented to the writer of a screenplay which has not yet secured a producer or funding. INSITE’s proven formula will see the 2017 winner meeting industry directors and producers with a view to moving the project forward and onto the screen.
The winner of INSITE will receive:
- A three-day pass to the Adelaide Film Festival, as well as flights (interstate) and accommodation to attend the Festival.
- A minimum of three meetings with producers to discuss their script.
- Eligibility for entry onto AWG’s Pathways Program.
- Open to current financial AWG Full, Associate or Student Members.
- AWG offers a special membership discount for new members joining to enter INSITE. To take advantage of this special offer, please email our Membership Officer at email@example.com before Wednesday 26 April 2017.
- New members will need to join for a minimum of 12 months.
- Entries close midnight Wednesday 3 May 2017
- Entrants must own all the rights to the script being entered.
- Only one entry per member is permitted.
- The entry fee is $50 (GST inclusive).
- All entries for INSITE are to be completed online, including uploading synopsis and script documents.
- Each entry must include a logline, one page synopsis and the first 15 pages of the script, uploaded as PDF documents. Learn more about separating PDF documents into different pages here.
- Longlisted writers will be required to submit the full feature script for their entry within three days of being contacted by AWG.
- To ensure a fair judging process, the writer’s name should not appear on any part of the synopsis/script or as a header or footer within the script. Entries that include the writer’s name will not be eligible to enter.
The winner of INSITE must be available to attend the Adelaide Film Festival for up to three days during the festival’s run from 5-15 October 2017.
The winner of INSITE must be available for any media opportunities organised AWG or the Adelaide Film Festival.
The competition will be judged by an industry panel.
In the first round, judges will assess the entries for:
- Excellence in craft and skill
- The ability to engage the reader in the writer’s vision
- The potential for the project to be produced
- Originality and excellence of the idea
A longlist will be determined according to the above criteria. In the second round, a new panel of judges will assess the longlisted entries against the above-mentioned criteria to select the shortlist.
All longlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone at the end of the first round of judging and required to provide their full length screenplay.
Adelaide Film Festival Director Amanda Duthie will join with AWG panel to judge the final shortlist and select the winner based on the full-length script.
The winner and the shortlist will be publicly announced.